Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Presidential

The Obama limbo. How low can he go?

Elsewhere: let the recriminations begin!
Some Democrats are apparently not waiting for Barack Obama to lose the presidential election before starting the inevitable recriminations about whose fault it was. Whether writing strictly on his own hook or as a result of conversations with campaign officials, New York Times political writer Matt Bai has fired the first shot in what may turn out to be a very nasty battle over who deserves the lion’s share of the blame for what may turn out to be a November disaster for the Democrats. That the Times would publish a piece on October 24 that takes as its starting point the very real possibility that the president will lose, and that blame for that loss needs to be allocated, is astonishing enough. But that their nominee for scapegoat is the man who is almost certainly the most popular living Democrat is the sort of thing that is not only shocking, but might be regarded as a foretaste of the coming battle to control the party in 2016.

7 comments:

Yojimbo said...


I had to click on the link to find out who was the most popular living Demoncrat. I was drawing a blank. No, I'm not kidding.

To find that it was the Traitor tells me all I want to know about the Demoncrats. It also saddens me that I only had one ballot to mail back earlier this week instead of a hundred.

Hey, I only mailed my ballot back. Me thinks I'm also due a "Boleta"!

Michael Lonie said...

A huge intenecine fight among Democrats for the next four years?

Pass the popcorn.

Paco said...

Michael: I know we must not succumb to hubris, but I believe I'll be having an extra-large tub of popcorn.

JeffS said...

With lots of salt and butter, Paco!


mmmmmm....popcorn!

bruce said...

I'm cheering all way till we get the Change we want, friends!

I'm in a booth in downtown Palakkad Kerala right now, guys, look it up on googlemaps, just south of Ooty, whose hills I can look across at.

Anonymous said...

Deborah Leigh said...It's the favorite party game, Pin the tail on the....

And of course, who would be best to investigate the Libyan debacle but a terrorist loving employee of George Soros. This should get more play, but interstingly, the cricket choir is performing.

Bruce, it looks beautiful. Hope it is as nice as the pictures. What are you doing in this little known spot?

bruce said...

India is very crowded Deb. I've been coming for over 30 yrs and I swear this is the last time. I used to like the crowds, but now I can't even get across a road safely. Dangerous roads and mad driving are a negative.

I mostly came to recover my health after some illness. Spent a month or so here: http://kurisumalaashram.org/
and other places I used to like.