Thursday, May 22, 2014

Please patronize these fine eating establishments

They’re gun friendly.

If guns really make you nervous, however, you can always eat at a no-guns joint like Chipotle. Although you can’t always be sure that there won’t actually be any guns present – I mean, some people apparently can’t read.

Speaking of guns, I lucked out and found some .44 Russian and .41 Magnum ammo at Cheaper Than Dirt (those calibers are getting more difficult to find with any regularity). I bought this stuff just in case I ever happen to buy a Schofield top-break or a .41 Magnum revolver. Besides, ammo might make a good substitute currency if the dollar ever collapses (you’d probably have a little trouble getting JeffS and me to part with any, though).

8 comments:

bruce said...

"ammo might make a good substitute currency if the dollar ever collapses"

Yes you're sight. The only reason gold holds value is that people in Asia horde it. For every day use people trade with things they need which are scarce, like cigarettes in jail. Gold is only valuable if you have some way to ultimately sell it to Asia, which you won't if economic ties collapse.

bruce said...

Oops, 'sight' should be 'right'.

Oh dear.

Mr. Bingley said...

Oh I'm sure y'all would have no problem parting with some of it should the right target show itself...

JeffS said...

Like I always say: Buy precious metals, like brass, copper, and lead.

JeffS said...

By the by, you could stock up on some .445 ACP -- that's always a popular choice.

Paco said...

Mr. Bingley: Oh, absolutely. We're not complete misers.

JeffS said...

Argh! Never type before the coffee hits the bloodstream. I meant .45 ACP, of course.

And Paco is right, Mr. B; I'm happy to share the love when the occasion presents itself.

Anonymous said...

Deborah.... Paco, we (the PE club) could start a co-op. This, of course, doesn't rule out a team to keep our "skills" up to standard.

I don't know about Zaxby's, but the rest are my favorites. Starbucks and Chipotle have anti-gun policies. ...except in Texas, I'll bet. Here it's easier to ask "who isn't carrying" than "who is". I'd go into Chipotle with a weapon because they only asked people not to.