Friday, February 27, 2015

Let the revolution spread

Nigel Farage of the UK's Independence Party has some words of wisdom for American conservatives at this year's CPAC conference:
“And if I can say one thing about American politics, an observation, and I accept that I’m a foreigner, I accept that I’m a guest, and I don’t want to meddle. But let me say this. If the Republican party is going to win the next presidential election, I think the Republican party needs to get the kind of people voting for it that were voting for it 30 years ago. Do you remember the Reagan Democrats? These were people who worked hard. These were people who were patriotic. These were people who aspired and wanted to get on. And I don’t think at the moment the Republican party is actually attracting those kind of people."
(Videos at the linked site).

2 comments:

rinardman said...

And I don’t think at the moment the Republican party is actually attracting those kind of people."

Actually, at the moment the Republican party isn't attracting much of anybody.

RebeccaH said...

Sad to say, but true. Down with John Boehner and Mitch McSchmoo.