Wednesday, June 15, 2016

I'd insist on this guy handing in his Man Card...

...but if he's got one at all, it's probably forged: NY Daily News reporter traumatized by firing AR-15 on range:
The recoil bruised my shoulder. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary case of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.
Maybe some wag on the range handed him a .50 caliber Barrett rifle and told him it was an AR-15. It's difficult to imagine anybody experiencing this much angst from shooting the lowly .223.

Ernie Pyle, he ain't.

5 comments:

HAL9000 said...

If he bruised his shoulder firing a .223 he obviously did not hold the butt tight against his shoulder as he ought. Same thing happened to me when I was 15 and shot a high powered rifle for the first time, but that was a 30-40 Krag. That rifle has a kick like a mule. But even if he held it loosely, a .223 should not have hurt much. Wuss.

Veeshir said...

He had that article written before he even picked it up.

Listen, those lies aren't going to write themselves.

rinardman said...

Veeshir is right, it's all part of the narrative. That being 'guns are BAD!'. Why, they not only kill people, they're so bad they even hurt the one using it to do the killing. They're just bad bad bad evil evil evil! Right down to his "smell of sulfur' stupidity. Why, it's probably the Devil himself watching with devilish approval.

I also wondered about the 'sensitive' gun shop owner, naming his place 'Double Tap' Gun and Shooting Range. Seems a bit of a non sequitur.

Holding My Nose said...

If the brass was flying by his face then there's something wrong with the AR he was firing, unleft he's a leftie (no pun intended).

RebeccaH said...

I wonder if he ever shot that gun at all. Maybe he just held it up and went "pew pew" with his mouth, and then wrote his little whiney article (unless, as veeshir suggested, it was prewritten).