Thursday, November 10, 2016

How did these people survive the evolutionary process?

Seriously, how did they? It's as if some species of fat, flightless, dim-witted bird - say the Raphus cucullatus - had thriven and multiplied in the midst of its first encounters with extreme adversity, rather than swerved into the express lane to extinction.
President-elect Donald Trump is driving New Yorkers crazy.

Anxiety is so high in the Big Apple following Trump’s astonishing presidential win that patients are rushing to their therapists to book emergency therapy sessions.

Dr. Chloe Carmichael, a clinical psychologist and stress management expert based in Manhattan, said she was already swamped at 7 a.m. Wednesday helping her clients navigate their emotions surrounding the election’s results.
Sorry, Big Apple snowflakes, but your ship has hit the iceberg of reality, and the navigator can't help you now.

Hey, there's always Canada.


"But...but...but...the polls!"

4 comments:

bruce said...

Sounds like 1970s Woody Allen movies. I was just reviewing the jokes from Sleeper, back when he wrote good ones:

"Miles Monroe: Where am I anyhow, I mean, what happened to everybody, where are all my friends?
Dr. Aragon: You must understand that everyone you knew in the past has been dead nearly two hundred years.
Miles Monroe: But they all ate organic rice!"

"Miles Monroe: I haven't seen my analyst in 200 years. He was a strict Freudian. If I'd been going all this time, I'd probably almost be cured by now."

rinardman said...

Schadenfreudelicious!

Deborah said...

Cornell University is offering Play-Doh and coloring books. There was no mention of what is offered to color said books. My other half said it wouldn't be colored pencils because they're hard, pointy, and inedible unlike crayons.

I wish I attended Cornell just so I could get my Play-Doh and crayons. Pro- Trump sculpture and drawings....yes, I'd be expelled, but it would be worth it. Think of all the years of therapy it would inspire.

RebeccaH said...

They've been living under Bill diBlasio for how many years, and they're stressed out by Trump?