Saturday, March 30, 2019

Seems bogus

"Australian Researchers have produced a study that has led them to believe the word 'cyclists' should be banned, because it 'dehumanizes' people who ride bikes."

Enh...really? As a public service, I invite readers to come up with another word (or expression) that describes people who ride bicycles - preferably something soothing and fluffy that won't hurt their feelings (or. more to the point, that won't stimulate the snowflake response in the kind of people who research this kind of thing, because I gotta believe cyclists, themselves, are thicker-skinned than this).

7 comments:

Veeshir said...

3 DWIer
370 Credit Score Person
Pretentious Exerciser

I don't do happy and fluffy.

Deborah said...

Peddler, Mobile Seat warmer, or Climate Change Champion.

BTW, today had Earth Hour. Darn! We missed it. The Angus steak was worth it.

Jayceee said...

Can't be a real University study... They never mentioned "Climate Change".

Jonah said...

Two legged deer? They cycle up and down the 101 on the Ca. coast, I drag my trailer within 8 inches of their left hands, I guess it's a relaxing vacation for them.

JeffS said...

Sorry, my vernacular, as applied to cyclists, is not permitted in a family friendly forum.

Or even a civilized forum.

Bike riders, now, that's a different matter.

RebeccaH said...

Horny-headed spandexers. Or lane hogs, if you prefer. And if those terms hurt anybody's feelings, I don't care. I have to contend with these people on my narrow farm roads because they apparently think the 40 mile paved bike trail is beneath them. I give them as much room as I can, but I also call on the Farm Road God to curse them (which I do myself, either under my breath or out loud if I'm feeling particularly peevish).

RebeccaH said...

Let me also add that, these days, I'm finding the terms "researchers" and "expert studies" mighty suspect as well.