Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday funnies

I'm not sure the blueberry-to-waffle proportion in this blueberry waffle is quite right.







Save me a seat, boys.




Just in time for St. Patrick's Day.


Sometimes, a swimming pool is not a strong selling point.




In addition to playing his many beloved characters in the movies, on radio and TV, Mel Blanc also recorded several popular novelty songs. Here's one called "Money".




T-shirt of the week (courtesy of Bad Idea T-shirts):




From the (barely) satirical site, The Babylon Bee: "Exasperated Olive Garden Waitress Asks Bernie Sanders If He's Just Gonna Sit There Eating Free Breadsticks All Night".

6 comments:

Gregoryno6 said...

It's as if they put that lone blueberry in there just to stay on the good side of the marketing campaign.

Jonah said...

Back in my pizza making days I made sure that each slice would get a sufficient number of pepperonis and I would even arrange them so that when it came time to cut the pie into slices, I wouldn't cut through the pepperonis.

Has anyone else noticed that Tim Blair is behind a paywall now? Sad!

Gregoryno6 said...

Jonah, I hadn't realised Tim had gone full paywall. You never go... oh well, some people do.

All praise to Tim for his pioneering work as a blogging journalist, but it just hasn't been the same since he departed Spleenville for the Tele.

bruce said...

If you want open Aussie comment try the Cat:

http://catallaxyfiles.com/

Mostly local politics though. Topical stuff.

Paco said...

Yeah, he did it some time ago. I imagine this was his employer's idea, not his; however, doesn't being behind a wall mean that your cash value has increased? I wish him the best; he deserves all the success and perqs he can get.

JeffS said...

Yeah, the loss of Spleenville was painful. But Tim has moved up, and I wish him the best.