Monday, July 22, 2019

Time out

We ought to take a break from politics and other modern horrors every now and then, and just spend some time appreciating the good things that come to us in life.

Our granddaughter Maggie is visiting this week, and it's always such a pleasure to have her with us.



Yesterday, I was sitting in my Lazy Boy chair, dozing off, when this wonderful child brought me the blanket and pillow from her own bed, gently spread the blanket over as much of my Gothic dimensions as it would cover, placed the pillow under my head, and even tucked her teddy bear under my arm. Bless her heart.

And, no, you still don't get a Dodge Hellcat on your 16th birthday.

11 comments:

JeffS said...

Awwwwwww!

Deborah said...

All together now... Awwwwww!

RebeccaH said...

My goodness, that girl is getting big. You are such a lucky grandpa.

Deborah said...

Wow, Paco! She also gave you her teddy!?! You may be playing it tough about that Dodge, but she has a few years to wear you down. How can the apple of grandpa's eye be denied? Especially after the teddy? BTW, are there pictures?

stevew said...

Grandkids are great. All they do is say hi when they see me, in that excited way of theirs and I'm saying that line from Little Big Man, "Seeing you makes my heart soar like a hawk.".

Good for you Paco, that you have such joy in your life. Agree about the car though...

Paco said...

Deborah: Pictures? You mean, of me? Covered with a penguin blanket, cradling a teddy bear? I should say not!

SteveW: They do make an old fellow like myself happy, that's for sure.

bruce said...

They grow up too fast really.

RebeccaH said...

Indeed they do, bruce. My grandkids are having kids of their own now, and I rarely get to cuddle them because there are too many other grandparents, parents, aunt, uncles, and cousins in the way.

bruce said...

I actually went to school with the AC/DC guys, never met them but crossed paths daily. They made it look easy and we also thought, 'If they can do it so can we'. Only later I realised just how talented the Young family were and how hard they worked to make it, from deprived origins in Scotland to the family's little old house on a noisy street in inner Sydney where they worked on their music.

bruce said...

Oops, this was meant for another thread. Dementia kicking in.

Deborah said...

No pictures? That you know of. Afterall, you were snoozing. Ah well, your description and my imagination will do. I envision you snoozing in the recliner with a pengie blankie and teddy with a fedora over your eyes. Only you could pull that off.