Thursday, February 6, 2020

You know how it is

You see something online, then it leads you to read about something else, and that leads to another thing, and then, if you're lucky, you stumble across a datum that makes it all worthwhile.

I saw something that led me to read about Hieronymous Bosch's weird paintings (you'll understand when you read the next Sunday funnies post), and I came across the name of an German Austrian art historian who specialized in the works of Bosch. His name is Ludwig von Baldass. That nugget was definitely worth all the idle digging.

4 comments:

bruce said...

Yeah like how Diet of Worms cracks me up.

Spiny Norman said...

I'm sooo tempted to use "Ludwig von Baldass" as web handle somewhere.

Spiny Norman said...

(If you should ever see that name as a commenter on some forum, you'll know it's me.)

Paco said...

Bruce: I was on that for awhile. I got scurvy.

Spiny: I'll be looking for you!