Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Snakes in a tree

‘Flying rattlesnakes?’ Idea they never climb trees is shattered by social media posts".

Mrs. Paco came across a couple of snakes in our vegetable garden, recently. In one instance, she found a skin, perhaps two feet long, that had been shed. In another, while she was removing some mesh that we had draped over the strawberries to protect them from birds, she was attempting to remove what appeared to be a stick that had become tangled in the material, and received a sharp jab to one of her fingers. On closer inspection, the object turned out to be the desiccated body of a snake, it was one of its teeth that had pricked her finger. Fortunately, both of these critters were corn snakes - I think.


7 comments:

Spiny Norman said...

And just think, I guarantee we haven't reached "Peak 2020" yet.

Paco said...

You may be right: "See-through public toilets open in Tokyo parks".

Steve Skubinna said...

Bit by the... "desiccated body" of a snake.

Great, as if we didn't have enough to worry about, now we got vampire snakes. Better start wearing garlic around your neck and carrying a vial of holy water.

Paco said...

Vampire snakes. That sounds...pretty awesome, actually.

Deborah said...

I saw a bull snake in the rafters of our barn in Arizona in the '70s. Initially,I didn't believe my Mom because I had never heard of a snake doung that. Never doubted her again.

Poor Mrs. Paco, and poor snake.

Deborah said...

Regarding strawberries. I recently saw an episode of a food show on NHK, Japanese tv that dealt with their strawberries. Very interesting shows. I think the show is Trails of Oishii. (Check local listings, or go to their site.)

Paco said...

I bet they don't have snakes.