Sunday, December 4, 2022


I don't even understand how something like this happens: "A Tennessee husband and father died on Thanksgiving after flames burst over his body when hospital staff used defibrillator paddles".


JeffS said...

There are details not being reported. Electricity can start fires, but it is an ignition source; fires need combustible materials, I.e., FUEL.

It’s possible that this tragedy might have been avoided.

RebeccaH said...

The article left out some facts which were revealed in the comments, namely that the man was hooked up to an oxygen tank and that's what caught fire from a spark caused by a faulty wire one of the shock pads. Somebody screwed up big time.

Paco said...

I noticed the article didn't have all of the relevant facts. Another example of what passes for journalism these days. It's interesting how frequently one has to go to the comments section of online news sources to get a better handle on the details.

Veeshir said...

Who, what, where, when, why and how? are no longer taught in J-school I guess.
I bet there's a semester on pronouns though.