Friday, March 24, 2023

I'll take two

"Dodge's Big Bad Demon Starts at over $100,000 after Gas-Guzzler Tax".

If you recoiled at the thought of spending $100,000 on a Challenger, you probably aren't alone, but the new Demon makes up for the high price with a four-figure horsepower rating and the necessary chops to go racing. Dodge did a lot of tinkering with the Hellcat during production, and accidentally blew up seven engines, according to CEO Tim Kuniskis. The work paid off, with the new Demon making 1025 horsepower [emphasis mine - Paco] and 945 pound-feet of torque in the correct setup.

Update  Friend and commenter Arts & Ammo indicates that he had a friend who owned a 1970s Dodge Demon. I didn't even know Dodge sold a Demon back then, but, sure enough, the model was offered in 1971 and 1972: "Street-Spotted: 1971 Dodge Demon 340". Sweet!

3 comments:

Veeshir said...

Oh that? It's my Dodge Demon.
As soon as I get my license back I'll take it for another spin.

Paco said...

Haw!

ArtsandAmmo said...

My college roommate years ago had a 1972-era Demon with a 3-speed column-mounted manual transmission. Bench seats, crank windows, and no A/C. He was quick to correct people who naturally mistook it for a mere Plymouth Valiant.