Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Makes me want to write something insurrection-y

"The U.S. Government Is Building A Vast Surveillance And Speech Suppression Web Around Every American".

The federal government has awarded more than 500-plus contracts or grants related to “misinformation” or “disinformation” since 2020. One predominant area of research pushed by the Department of Defense involves the use of AI and ML technology to monitor or listen to internet “conversations.”
Originally used as a marketing tool for businesses to track discussions about their brands and products and to track competitors, the DOD and other federal agencies are now paying for-profit public relations and communications firms to convert their technology into tools for the government to monitor speech on the internet.

Ok, coppers, come and get me!

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Not one of my own things, but I heartily endorse the sentiment. Are you terrorized, yet?

The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

That's not one of mine, either; Samuel Adams said it (in between beers, probably). I support the statement without reservation. Join the uprising!

Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.

Yeah, can't take credit for that one, but John Adams is surely right: when the 51% realize that they can suppress, rob and even slaughter the other 49% with impunity, then what's going to hold them back? The civics and morality they they learned in modern schools? The theology of the First Church of Woke? Long live the Republic!

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.

I'm with you, Frederick Douglass! Power to the people!

Tear this down, tools of the Deep State!


rinardman said...

I wonder if those who seek to ignore the rules as they have been, in order to suppress those they don't like, realize that those they wish to suppress are then no longer bound to obey those old rules or any new rules from the suppressers, either.

They are then free to use any means they want to reestablish the old rules. Including, but not limited to, death to the suppressers.

I wonder if I'm making their radar beep, now?

Deborah said...

You most assuredly set off their radar. Sometimes the cacaphony seems all the same, but to the decerning ear it is evident. Carry on, rinardman. Ya do us proud.

JeffS said...

I expect that this blog, and anyone who has commented on it, has been on multiple lists since Tim Blair moved to the Telegraph site.

And I see that as a good thing.

Deborah said...

Badges of Honor. Collect the entire set.