Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Who will replace J.D. Vance in the Senate?

I like Vance, and I think he was the best of the final three or four contenders; however, I'm concerned about losing him as a senator. 

Paula Bolyard looks at the pool of candidates for his replacement.

Incidentally, Ohio's Republican party apparatus seems to have integrity problems of the sort that I have tended to associate almost exclusively with Democrats - strongly suggesting that the long-term possession of power by any one political party or faction is inevitably corrupting. Perhaps friend and commenter RebeccaH, as a resident of the Buckeye State, will favor us with her take.

2 comments:

  1. Vivek Ramaswamy is from Cincinnati.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that I voted for J.D. Vance (and Bernie Moreno) because I liked what they had to say. I don't have anything substantive, other than the political corruption is rampant in Cleveland and Akron and Cincinnati, and everybody hates Mike DeWine.

    ReplyDelete