Monday, October 21, 2024

Pictures from a stroll

Mrs. Paco and I took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday, and what a fine day it was.

I've noticed a lot of these little fellows around lately. Does anybody know what kind of butterfly this is? They really love the zinnia flowers (click to enlarge).


There are more ponds in this development than you can shake a stick at.



Plenty of water fowl have been in evidence this year, from ducks...


...to this little blue heron (pint-sized cousin to the great blue heron we saw the other day).



The muhly grass is lovely this time of year, with its gauzy purple stalks.


And the day finally ended in typical red-gold splendor.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely and healthy. I don’t know what that butterfly is, but it looks like a mutant monarch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there gators in the ponds? I always wonder how ducks and other wildlife manage in gator waters.

    I like duck. If I were a gator I'd be munching down on those little guys all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! Nice views all around.

    ReplyDelete