Monday, July 20, 2026

Not exactly a boost for the tourist industry

This monster is now making an appearance off of North Carolina's Outer Banks: "Largest male great white shark ever detected on Atlantic coast emerges near top vacation spot".

That's more than 200 miles north of here, but I'm telling you: when I go to the beach these days, I make like a sandpiper.

6 comments:

  1. I went to the Outer Banks a long time ago and some jerk told me to look closely at what was in the surf.
    Little beetle looking things! That must be what they're eating.
    I went looking for that jerk to punch him in the face, but couldn't find him.
    There are things I do not want to know. Where creepy crawlies are is one of the biggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were they sand crabs? Those things are ubiquitous.

      Delete
    2. No, they looked like tiny armadillos, they were in the front of the surf.
      Maybe a quarter inch long or so. .
      Google says.... sand lice.

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you for making like a sand piper in the vicinity of a great white shark, but will you also scream like them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only time I ever went swimming in the ocean, it was in a nice, calm little bay, and baby fish kept biting my legs. I took the hint.

    ReplyDelete