"Scientists now have a process that transforms plastic bottles into edible cookies".
At first I thought this was the Babylon Bee, but it's the sister site, Not the Bee, so it's supposedly not satire. The photo accompanying the article was a nice touch.

Well, maybe adding frosting and maybe sprinkles would help?
ReplyDeleteIf these, ummm, cookies turn out to be edible, maybe the Girl Scouts could sell them.
Petroleum-based food.
ReplyDeleteUmmmmm, Yay....?
Well, since petroleum comes from the bio material from the age of dinosaurs, consuming these, ummm, cookies would be kinda sorta like munching on Tyrannosaurus Rex.
DeleteI think.
Yeah, but everything that ate dinosaur meat is extinct.
DeletePass.
You might want to view this 'research' with a bit of a jaundiced eye.
ReplyDeleteSIU is the same school that wanted me to come there, a long time ago. Maybe they've recovered by now.
Space food of course. Humanity’s future in space isn’t shaping up how I imagined it would.
ReplyDeleteI guess I read different books.
DeleteSome talked of petroleum based food, some from recycling human waste. Yecch.
Me? I'm waiting on the Star Trek food thingy.