Some interesting tidbits from the great Bill Hickman's stunt driving scene in Bullitt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"There are countless horrible things happening all over the world and horrible people prospering, but we must never allow them to disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to sabotage and annoy them whenever possible." -Auberon Waugh
Some interesting tidbits from the great Bill Hickman's stunt driving scene in Bullitt.
Yes, very interesting! That part about the hubcaps hearkens back to the movies where six shooters suddenly and miraculously have seven cartridges.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have noticed the difference in the performance of the two cars in the Bullit driving scene, but I expect car aficionados of that era did ... and still do.
I've gotten into the habit of counting the number of shots when I watch movies with gunplay. I just tell myself, "I guess he reloaded real fast, while the camera was on the other guy".
DeleteOne of my favorite examples is the film Hooper, at the climax two stuntmen jump a car across a town. To film the shot, they had to... have a stuntman jump a car.
ReplyDeleteThese days you see an amazing stunt and the reaction is "Cool CGI, almost looks real."
Just pulled up the clip on YouTube. Fantastic jump (and pytotechnics!)
Delete