Monday, September 14, 2026

Now, this is the kind of land acknowledgement I can get behind

Keep an eye on this young feller.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. He's been really good in congressional hearings, too.

      Delete
    2. Yes, pusillanimous he's not.
      Nor a RINO.

      Delete
  2. For those who haven't seen it, this Welcome to Country is approved by more Australians than any other.

    https://x.com/TruthFairy131/status/2093927884499095879

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an Aussie, I apologise for the adoption of the insidious Acknowledgement to country that was first performed by comedian and actor, Ernie Dingo, in the mid 1970's. The Aboriginal flag and dot art all emerged around the same time. They perform this rubbish at all of our major events. Most Aussies are over it. I find the mute butting very handy when it is performed during something I am watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a native Texan I can wholeheartedly endorse that acknowledgment. However, since these acknowledgments are so fashionable in academia, I still like this one for anyone standing on campus grounds: I acknowledge that we are meeting on land formerly occupied by people who were committed to the preservation and defense of Western Civilization.

    ReplyDelete