Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Eva Marie Saint, RIP

Eva Marie Saint, one of the last representatives of the golden age of Hollywood, has died at age 102. She had a remarkable career. You rarely see the kind of class she exhibited anymore.

Update  Eva Marie Saint and Cary Grant on the train, from North by Northwest. 

7 comments:

  1. Also disgraced televangelist Jim Baker... and for the "They always die in threes" crowd, Marjoe Gortner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Gortner in Earthquake: the homicidal national guardsman.

      Delete
  2. I always admired her classy looks and dignified demeanor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly so. So infinitely superior to today's Hollywood trash celebrities.

      Delete
  3. More class in her little finger than in any of today's losers.
    She did not try to look like a 20yo bimbo, she just looked classy.
    So many of today's actresses refuse to age gracefully, they try to pretend they're not aging.
    I always liked her voice. It was kinda sexy. In a patrician sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An extraordinarily soothing voice.

      Delete
    2. Like Richard Burton, Eva Marie Saint could have made the phone book sound sexy.

      Delete