Thursday, October 8, 2026

Some days, it's difficult to believe that we aren't finished as a nation

 Just three examples. Merely anecdotal, but telling.

"12-Year-Old Boy Driving STOLEN Car Allegedly Blows Through Red Light and Kills Elderly Motorcyclist – Will Face NO CRIMINAL CHARGES".

"Iowa City Council Meeting Opens With Prayer to SATAN".

Feral kid shoots teacher (this one's a few years old, but I doubt things are any different now. Btw: language alert).

I don't really believe we're finished - yet. But the more I look back at the time when I grew up, and do comparisons between then and now, it becomes increasingly difficult to see how you clear away the accumulated moral garbage of the last 50 years. As P.G. Wodehouse once wrote, "It alters one's whole conception of Man as Nature's last word." 

8 comments:

  1. Feral kid is right! And you know he's not unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That video really shocked me, although I don't know why it should have.

      Delete
    2. The worst part is that you know the 'adults' in his home life think it's funny and encourage him to act that way.
      That's just sad.

      Delete
  2. I remember reading about the incident of the six-year-old shooting his teacher, but this is the first time I‘ve seen that video. At the time, I thought it was just a little kid who thought the gun was a toy. Now we know the kid is a monster in the making, and I doubt things will ever change for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The video was just released, Rebecca. By court order, I think.

      Delete
  3. And while I’m at it, same for the kid who stole a car and killed somebody. He’s only 12, so that’s okay, I guess. Also, if the citizens of Ottumwa are okay with prayers to Satan at their meetings, let Satan’s “blessings” be on their stupid heads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they think their prayers will ease their journey to hell when they eventually go there.

    I'm guessing they will be disappointed.

    Oh, and BTW, wasn't Radar O'Reilly from Ottumwa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, r-man, so I applied my Bing Fu*, and yep, he was.

      https://www.meetottumwa.org/explore/radar_oreilly_mash_exhibit/

      The fictional version is likely rolling in his fictional grave.

      *: Actually, I use DuckDuckGo, but "Bing Fu" sounds so much better ....

      Delete