Friday, June 13, 2008

Serendipity!


Joy! I got to the office this morning and discovered that a big power outage in Washington had knocked out several blocks, including the one where my building is located. After waiting around outside for a half hour, we were told we could go home (you're welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Taxpayer!) I mowed the lawn, took some photos inside and outside of the secret Paco Command Center (one of which appears above), started a new book, and took a nap. Haw! I snap my fingers in the face of Friday the 13th!

Coming attractions:

1) More book and author recommendations (I hope to make it a regular Thursday feature);

2) Another original short story that I've entered in a couple of contests. A love story, it's what, in earlier times, might have been called "something for the ladies"; yet there is sufficient mayhem to perhaps hold the attention of you brutish menfolk. Needless to say, it's a comic tale.

3) Cool links, political snark and a new music video every Friday for you hep cats and kittens.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh! No power outage here, I just took leave. And I can't mow my lawn, the mower is in the shop.

But I'm working on installing my back up generator.....is this a coincidence, or the results of manipulations by Power Alternatives Consulting Operations?

Paco said...

RJ: "is this a coincidence, or the results of manipulations by Power Alternatives Consulting Operations?"

Ermmmm, could be, could be...

Anonymous said...

Nice use of the ol' ill-gotten gains, by the way. Global Hegemony has it's perks, it seems.

SB: oveyma
Nah. Too Jewish...

Anonymous said...

You missed a spot, Paco.

Damn good looking place, other then that...lol.

RebeccaH said...

Paco Command Center seems very lovely. I am, however, surprised that you mowed the lawn yourself. As CEO of Paco Enterprises, have you no lowly minions to serve you? Wronwright, at least?

Paco said...

Rebecca: Wronwright was willing, but he wanted a big riding law-mower with an air-conditioned cab, a CD player and a cooler for his beer; too rich for my blood.

The house, incidentally, is actually pretty small. Mrs. Paco wanted to downsize when we moved to northern Virginia, which is just as well, since everything costs twice as much.

Anonymous said...

You forgot about me Paco! 1.618

Paco said...

1.618: What, you want to mow my lawn? No, no, no! You need to save those lovely hands for working the camera when you take those outstanding photos!