Update: Incorrect link in # 4 fixed (thanks, Jeff!)
1) Harry Reid is still trying to seduce a few senators from the wuss contingent of the Republican Party to join the Democrats in turning the U.S. Government into the biggest receiver of stolen property in history. Not to worry, though; the Senate may shave a hundred billion or so off the stimulus bill - although, actually, that just means that it would be about the same size as the House version (quick recap: “Yo, I’ll have a crap sandwich, no mayo. Wait, let me have mayo. No, on second thought, hold the mayo.”) To put things in the proper perspective, think of Michael Moore washing down a half dozen whoppers with a diet Coke. Obviously the Democrats aren’t listening to Professor Mankiw (H/T: Currency Lad). Can we gamble our future in this liberal crap game? Yes, we can!
2) Richard McEnroe provides a great example of the Obama administration’s new policy of “opaque transparency” (or is it “transparent opaqueness”?)
3) Dirty Barrie? Jules Crittenden doesn’t think so.
4) A sub-assortment: quality links from The Shadowlands.
5) Today is Ronald Reagan’s Birthday! Robert Stacy McCain remembers.