1) Conservative Monique has a fascinating discussion with her liberal brother.
2) Richard McEnroe says the IRS is getting lonely and would appreciate some more mail.
3) Hal G.P. Colebatch explains why Australia recovered faster from the Great Depression than the U.S. did (by the way, this can’t possibly be the same Colebatch that I made fun of in one of my old Detective Paco stories; any Australian readers know of another one who might have been my target? Just curious.)
4) A thought occurred to Betsy that also occurred to me: would a law imposing confiscatory taxation on AIG bonuses represent a bill of attainder? Any lawyers want to opine?
5) Well-known shrinking violet Andrea Harris has a few mild criticisms of CNN’s absurd Jack Cafferty (who apparently loves Obama as only a mother could).
6) Blue Crab Boulevard brings us the welcome news that the Preshizzle has backed off of at least one obnoxious scheme.