Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blogger Meets Blogger

I had the great good fortune to have had lunch today with Miss Red, a frequent commenter at Tim Blair's old site, and now a blogger in her own right. And, as I keep discovering when I meet readers and bloggers, she is vastly more interesting than I am. And I'll tell you this, the moniker is perfectly self-descriptive; I doubt that I've ever seen such a beautiful head of red hair in my life.

Incidentally, Miss Red has a link to an interesting site that covers all your lefty astrotufing goodness.

7 comments:

missred said...

thank you, paco. it was wonderful to meet you. and you most interesting yourself, so don't sell yourself short.

and yes, he really does wear a fedora!

kc said...

I am so envious.

Paco said...

KC: You come on down (or is it up?) to Washington, and we'll have lunch, too.

SwampWoman said...

WASHINGTON? Be careful if you head that way, kc. Don't carry any loose change or you'll be mugged by a panhandling congressman. After all, spare change means you ain't been payin' enough taxes.

Paco said...

Not to worry, Swampie; I carry Letters of Transit that protect my guests and me from that kind of thing.

kc said...

I lived in that area for a good part of 3 years, October 2003 to August 2007. My Chief's last duty station was NAS Pax River & we often went into Washington on weekends. I enjoyed riding the Metro, seeing the things this poor small-town Montana girl had only seen in books. Korean War Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, tour of the Capitol, and eating at Union Station were some of my favorites. Even went to see Julia Child's kitchen - which I remembered from watching her show as a child - and the Air and Space Museum (the FIRST one, not Udvar-Hazy)...wow.

I'll let you know if I ever go back up there, Paco, you can bet on it!

Mr. Bingley said...

We should have a Children of Blair meeting sometime.