Friday, November 6, 2009

A Couple of Final Notes

Before checking out, I also wanted to draw your attention to this fine essay by Charles Krauthammer on the "Myth of '08".

And again, I wish to express my condolences to the families of those people who were murdered at Ft. Hood in what can only be described as an act of jihadist terrorism. Whether Hasan had any formal ties or not with terrorist groups, he obviously absorbed their message and carried it to its evil conclusion. This kind of independent action is also part of The Plan.

5 comments:

kc said...

Will miss you, Paco - take care, will comment more at open thread when the kids all go home!

Anonymous said...

You're leaving us alone for a few days!?! Woo hoo! Er, I mean, take care. Have fun. (aside: God knows we will.) Nothing will go wrong. You can trust us.

As to the Ft. Hood tragedy. Well stated as usual. The President, media, and general Lefty population that are not calling this what it is are disgraceful. This was mass murder by a Muslim jihadi. Not "killing" by a Protestant, Catholic, Unitarian, Quaker, Hindu, Pagan, Atheist.

My deepest condolences to the families, fellow soldiers, friends, and the Ft. Hood community. Our weekly Friday rally will now be a memorial.

Deborah Leigh

RebeccaH said...

Er, Paco, you are aware of what happens when Blair leaves town, aren't you?

On a more serious note, I also offer condolences to the families and victims at Ft. Hood, and add my sincerest wish for the gunman Hasan to burn in Hell forever. Sooner rather than later.

kc said...

Hey, maybe someone'll bring Vegemite!

I'm making barley soup and pineapple/macadamia nut/banana bread today. No Vegemite anywhere...

TW: flitedbo - I don't know what it is, but it sounds downright cute.

kae said...

OKay, if you really, really want it, I'll bring vegemite.

But you asked for it!

Yeah, sure, Mr Paco. We'll take care of the place for you...