Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Power of Stupid

John at Powerline has a video clip featuring some of the bloviating young naïfs of an environmental organization called Powershift 2011. It’s 2 minutes and 58 seconds of high-falutin’ piffle, seasoned with organic ignorance and free-range cheek. Special guest appearances by Nancy Pelosi and Van Jones remind us that the imbecilariat does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex or employment status (Jones’ comments will be of particular interest to ideological pathologists. It’s not just for the children; it’s for the children of all species. Somewhere, a mother nuthatch flapped her wings in glee, mama and papa prairie dog barked their hearty approval, and a pod of sperm whales exhaled with thunderous excitement in a fanfare of blowholes).

This, too, is modern America. I do not wonder that an ounce of gold has pierced the $1,500 barrier, or that people are increasingly looking to buy homes overseas or that gun sales have gone through the roof over the last two years. If the…“thinking”… underlying the worldview of these idiots becomes the law of the land, I can foresee a time when the only freemen will be outlaws. At which point I will gladly embrace my inner Jesse James.

7 comments:

JeffS said...

Paco, if you think "Powershift 2011" is organic cheek, check out "US Uncut", a "grassroots movement" that's supposed to counter the TEA Party.

According to Zombie, it's more astroturing. Imagine that.

I weep for the Republic.

richard mcenroe said...

Sperm whales are large intelligent animals.

I don't think those were the blowholes.

Steve Skubinna said...

"Imbeciliariat." Nice one. A friend has one I like, too: the ignoscenti.

RebeccaH said...

The scariest part of that clip is the giant, frozen rictus face of Nancy Pelosi, "hoping to see you in DC soon": which translates as, "I think I'm going to get back in power."

Paco said...

Rebecca: I quite agree that Granny Botox's map was the scariest thing in that video. A real Orwellian, "Big Sister" feel to it.

richard mcenroe said...

RebeccaH -- Did you get my message re: Caliban? E me.

RebeccaH said...

Richard, I did not. But I've emailed you with a reliable email addy.