Friday, June 24, 2011

Paco's diary

I see that Al Capone’s gun has been sold at auction. I’m not a fan of nickel-plated firearms, but I wouldn’t have minded having this one. Too pricey, though. With respect to guns, by the way, I got my NRA membership card in the mail yesterday; still looking for the ammo ATMs (I mean, that’s what the card’s for, right?)

On his radio program Wednesday evening, Mark Levin, after reciting a litany of the Obama administration’s destructive policies, closed the segment by saying “My God! If we don’t destroy the Democrat Party, it’s going to destroy us!” I believe he’s right. We’re getting whipsawed by political crimes of omission as well as commission, and it won’t be too long before the donks have created such vast dependencies held together by fear and ignorance that the rest of us are likely to become a permanent (and shrinking) minority. 2012 is going to be a watershed year.

In response to a national emergency (his poll numbers are down), the preshizzle has decided to release oil from the strategic reserve. I’m not the only one who thinks this smells like desperation.

I would not live in Chicago on a bet. Not only do I find the prospect of residing under the mayoralty of Rahm “Tiny Dancer” Emanuel odious, I would not want to have to rely on the police chief, Garry McCarthy, for anything resembling law and order. Here he is, blaming violence among blacks and Latinos on racism and Sarah Palin. Oh, and I’ll be happy to answer your question, Chief:
“Let’s see if we can make a connection here. Slavery. Segregation. Black codes. Jim Crow. What, what did they all have in common?”
What did they have in common? The Democratic Party. Dumbass.

It will be interesting, as well as instructive, to see how Australia’s Labor Party makes out in trying to ram through its increasingly unpopular carbon tax. Maybe carbon-cap politicos in the U.S. will discover that this kind of heavy-handedness could result in their involuntary retirement from elective office.

Washington, D.C: fighting transparency at both the national and the local level. Jason Epstein found out, the hard way, that public meetings in D.C. aren’t as public as all that.

6 comments:

Kartman said...

Michael Savage says that liberalism is a mental illness. After listning to people like Obama, Father Pfleger, Garry McCarthy and others who think like them, I think that he is correct.

richard mcenroe said...

Darleen Click over at Protein Wisdom asked if they made this clown pee in a cup before they hired him.

Where do you think the Kool-Aid COMES from?

rinardman said...

(his poll numbers are down)

I was talking to my sister yesterday, and mentioned the Big O's 30MB oil reserve release, and she asked "Why'd he do that?"

I said, "My guess is he wants to get re-elected".

*

RebeccaH said...

It's certain that this has been the worst administration in American history in terms of respect for the law, the Constitution, and the American people. Obama is waging war on us using his "under the radar" appointees and strategies, and if we don't clean house in 2012, we're done for.

Paco said...

Kartman: It's becoming very difficult to believe otherwise. Liberalism appears to be increasingly devoid of logic and a knowledge of history.

Richard: Now that's funny!

Bob Belvedere said...

I’m not the only one who thinks this smells like desperation.

Smells like Teen Spirit, IYKWIMAITYD - the kid will never grow-up.