Friday, July 8, 2011

One Minute Rant


What the hell is it with CVS drug stores in D.C.? They never have enough clerks, the air conditioning systems don’t seem to be working in any of them, and I always get stuck behind some bozo who’s either got a problem (expired coupons, credit card gets rejected, etc.), or who thinks it’s a swell idea to purchase fifty gift cards and pay for them, separately, in batches of ten (today’s episode), or thinks a drugstore with one lousy clerk makes a dandy substitute for a supermarket, and lumbers to the counter laden with everything from giant boxes of Cheerios to “family-sized” packages of toilet paper to six-packs of Coca-Cola. Add to the mix a customer base consisting of purchasers who are just now finding out about D.C.’s stupid new 5-cent charge for each plastic bag, and who decide to argue about it after they’ve already paid for their stuff. If my smokes were available anywhere but CVS, I’d never set foot in the place again.

We now return you to your regular programing.

15 comments:

mojo said...

Smokes at the pharmacy? Well, I suppose nicotine is a drug, but still. Seems weird.

I get all mine down to the Piggly-Wiggly, myself. In the back parking lot, off a truck. The state tax hounds can kiss my butt.

Robert of Ottawa said...

I don't give a fode about drug store service .... just tell your government to STOP SPENDING

Paco said...

I rant because I can.

JeffS said...

I timed that rant at 62.37 seconds, Paco, not one minute.

But, hey, who's counting?

;-p

Anonymous said...

Paco, maybe you can try Mojo's brand. Send a check everytime you get low, and Mojo can drop them in one of those "if it fits it ships" boxes.

Robert of Ottawa, we keep telling 'em, but THE ONE and his mob can't help themselves.

Deborah Leigh

Stosh2 said...

I suspect you didn't take these golden opportunities to launch into your campaign speeches. Not to be flip, but that may cut down on your waiting next time.

Yojimbo said...

That picture immediately reminded me of the movie "30 Seconds Over Tokyo" with their plane the "Ruptured Duck".

You expect clerks in retail establishments these days?

Minicapt said...

Aside from these minor details, it's a fine place to shop?

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Yojimbo, Our Esteemed Host seems to expect not just clerks but competent clerks at his retail outlet of choice...

Is this a delusion that will put a damper on MY Paco being elected President? I certainly hope not...

rinardman said...

I always get stuck behind some bozo....

Sounds like you have the same kind of luck I do, in check out lines.

I keep telling everyone, if you see me in a check out line, don't get behind me. Even if it's the express lane, I'll end up behind some bozo that.....you know, what Paco said!

*

rinardman said...

Oh, and one more thing....

Why do people that pay with a check always stand and watch the cashier get all their stuff rung up, then start rummaging thru their purse looking for their checkbook, so they can write a check they knew they would have to write before they even entered the store?

*

Paco said...

rinardman: That is an exasperating phenomenon that I have witnessed too many times to count. It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder if man is devolving rather than evolving.

El Cid said...

It's the sort of thing that makes me wonder if man is devolving rather than evolving.

Shucks Paco, jus' look at who is pres..umm, pre..

Nope, still can't say it, nor type it.

RebeccaH said...

You haven't been truly entertained until you've stood in line behind a burqa babe who insists who arguing (loudly) with the cashier over an expired coupon, and then calls the police on her cell because the clerk wouldn't accept the coupon (racism, or something).

Almost as good as the man who griped and complained and ended up yelling at the cashier because the power went out in the whole store/neighborhood, and she couldn't get her cash drawer open.

richard mcenroe said...

It's DC, Jake...