Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Blogfather is back

Tim Blair has returned from his trip to the states, where he was doing some post-graduate work in American sociological studies. Elsewhere in Blairistan…

A day in the life of Boy on a Bike.

Bingbing wonders who’s funding the Occupy Wall St. protests. You’ll never guess who it is.

One presumes that it is only a matter of time before Mr. Bingley begins pouring boiling oil from the roof-top of his office building on the vermin-infested heads of the barbarians.

Parenting: You’re doin’ it wrong, says El Cid (I agree, of course).

Miss Red provides a very interesting specimen of what, I believe, is known as a “photo bomb” (look closely; I almost missed it).

Licking stamps in Australia: You’re doin’ it wrong (or are you?)

Ok, ferris wheels are now off my list.

Richard McEnroe provides some valuable assistance in identifying different breeds of Labradors.

I’m convinced that Swampy is the literary successor to Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (by the way, I’m with Swamp Man on the Brussels sprouts affair).

Is ‘strine making headway in other countries? Gavin Atkins looks at the evidence.

That wild man of the web, TimT, has hit upon a (typically) ingenious new marketing scheme.

Steve at the Pub recounts the history of an extraordinarily crafty customer.

7 comments:

Yojimbo said...

Hey, heh and hey!

Bact-to-back dingers in the first inning for your Tigers. Lemme see here, projected over a whole ballgame that would be...um,er, ah:)

Paco said...

18 runs! Unfortunately, the Yankees will probably rally for 19 in the bottom of the 9th.

rinardman said...

No, Paco, the Yankees would only do that if they were playing the Cardinals.

Now watch, the Phillies will do that tomorrow night. Walk off homer in the bottom of the ninth.

I'm one of those fans that expects the worst....then celebrates the unexpected. With the Cardinals it's been about fifty-fifty since I first went to a Cards game. That was in old Sportsmans Park, and everyone was talking about the "Man".

Yojimbo said...

The "Man" and "Red" and "Country".

There's an old joke about the Mets who scored like 20 runs against the Cubs in their early and not very good days.

"Did you hear the Mets scored 20 runs today!"
"Yeah, but did they win?"

JorgXMcKie said...

Well, I've seen the Cardinals cheated out of one World Series, but I've also seen some pretty great things. 64 and 67 World Series and Bob Gibson. Stan the Man. Whiteyball in the 80s. playoffs 8 times in the past 10 years or so.

I'm waiting to see how it goes tomorrow.

Paco said...

Tigers 3, Yankees 2. Was sweating bullets there for a while. I think I need a drink.

Mr. Bingley said...

Paco, did you take my horned helmet? I really can't properly...present...the oil to my "guests" without it, you know.