Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Feet Friday

The Andrews Sisters sing Six Jerks in a Jeep.



What the heck, might as well do a replay of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy while I'm at it.



Update: YoJ thinks the ballads are more memorable than the hot stuff. As a dyed-in-the-zoot-suit hep cat, I can’t say that I agree; but, since Arizona’s one of my potential retirement destinations and I might wind up being his neighbor someday, I want to keep the peace. So, here are the Andrews Sisters in a recording of Apple Blossom Time (which is a truly lovely tune).




1 comment:

Yojimbo said...


It's the slow songs, lad, the slow songs that are most memorable and impactful.

APPLE BLOSSOM TIME

Very few groups had the range of ability that they did.

What a great two or three decades that was. The sheer amount of talent in terms of solo, groups,bands and songwriters will never be seen again. What do we have now? Justin what's his name and a bunch of people screaming about kiling cops, taking drugs and calling women bad names.

Dorothy McGuire jut passed a couple of months ago up in the Phoenix area. "Goodnight Sweetheart".