Friday, March 29, 2013

I've been pwn'd!

The actress in the mystery photo is Gloria Dehaven - who is still with us, BTW.

But that's not who she was held out to be in the email Mrs. Paco received. According to the email, it was Frances Bavier, better known as Aunt Bea from the Andy Griffith Show. This was supposedly a picture of her taken back in the 1930s. After posting the photo yesterday, I started getting a little suspicious and began researching it. Alas, the Aunt Bea connection turned out to be a hoax. And it was the striking contrast between Aunt Bea, young and old, that made the whole thing kind of interesting.

Still, Gloria Dehaven. Rule 5 goodness!






"Hussy!"

11 comments:

Robert of Ottawa said...

I disagree. Look at this woman:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0940946/

I do not accept your answer. Look at the hair, the eyebrows, the "look".

Robert of Ottawa said...

Hey, looks like yet another Canadian, eh?

r said...

Ms. Paco has also been pwned!

Iam sure I am correct; look at the photo.

JeffS said...

I don't think that consensus is what we need, but at least one other site says this is Gloria Dehaven.

JeffS said...

Make that two sites.

JeffS said...

Hmmmmmm.....perhaps if we look at her in a different pose?

JeffS said...

No need to thank me for diligently searching through scads of photos comprised of attractive, scantily clad women.

I gladly endure the eye strain out of a sense of patriotism.

JeffS said...

Let me add, eliminating Joanne Woodward was a monumental task unto itself. But I bore it proudly.

Paco said...

On the contrary, Jeff, we owe you a great debt, indeed!

I think the science is settled.

Robert of Ottawa said...

And I still say Joanne Woodward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqIr9eUizKg

Paco said...

Denialist!