Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Interesting…

I was standing out on the sidewalk in front of my office building this morning, enjoying some nicotine therapy, and observed a truck parked right in front. It had a mural on the side featuring a bunch of tombstones, and on the door were emblazoned the words, “National Cemetery Administration”. The driver was hanging around near the truck – eying me somewhat speculatively, it seemed to me – but I almost immediately brightened at the prospect that he had perhaps come to collect one of our more obnoxious political appointees. Eventually he drove off, without taking either me or one of the aforementioned politicoes, so, on balance, I suppose the whole thing was a bit of a wash.

5 comments:

rinardman said...

Hmmm, he could've been up to no good.

Perhaps part of a nefarious cemetery plot.

Paco said...

R-man, I have warned you before about the grave consequences of punning.

Anonymous said...

Deborah said... "They" may be onto ya, Paco. He wasn't muttering (seemingly) to himself, was he? R & D should probably get on the new code. Afterall, Martin Bashir disclosed part of "their" new code...the IRS is the new "N" word.

Jonah said...

Earlier today (or yesterday I guess) I saw the back of a truck with the words 'Why do you hate me' next to a graffiti picture of a tattered teddy bear.

I almost took it to heart as well.

RebeccaH said...

Vultures will often sit on a tree branch looking at you. Future prospects, as they say.