Monday, April 21, 2014

Posting may be light (or at least, light-headed)

In spite of getting a flu shot this year (and every year), I seem to have come down with something very flu-like; probably some sordid virus that was bred in the close confines of the Washington Metro system. I've been a bit delirious from the fever and body aches and so forth, so if I've done anything like, say, sold Yosemite National Park to R-man, or auctioned off Tommy Dorsey's trombone to Rebecca, please understand that these and any similar transactions are invalid and your money will be cheerfully returned as soon as I recover.

Update: So I drag my sick carcass into work to make a presentation to one of our committees - a presentation that has been postponed twice before - and 30 minutes before the meeting is to start, it gets cancelled. One of the directors had jet lag or something. I shoulda seen it comin'...

Update II: Great (and relevant) cartoon via Gregory in the comments.

11 comments:

rinardman said...

Sorry Paco, but I paid you with Bitcoin, so the transaction can't be undone.

Altho, I might consider a trade.

Perhaps a small island in the South Pacific?

missred said...

Get well soon. I won't remind you of the item you sold to me. If you cannot remember you won't miss it!

bruce said...

Get well as soon as you can, bro.

JeffS said...

Get well soon, Paco! I had the crud twice this year. No fun, I know.

RebeccaH said...

Also suffering from the plague. However, I can't return Tommy Dorsey's trombone if you can't find it. I think it went where all those guns of yours end up.

Anonymous said...

Deborah...Sorry to hear the weather report. Hopefully you'll feel better soon. Do take care. That land transaction will get you on Dingy Harry's list. No, it diesn't matter if said property isn't within his pervue. But not to worry. We Domestic Terrorists have got your back.

Get well soon, Rebecca. Paco, since a few of us are down with "something", it might not be the Metro. Just saying.

kc said...

Feel better soon, everyone! I haven't had anything to take me down in awhile, but Spring means my sinuses take on a life of their own and drain at various and varying interludes, usually with no warning.
Yay, US!

I've been out of town - anyone making trades in my name is a FRAUD. Unless it's Swampie. Then it's cool. ^_^

Gregoryno6 said...

That's what I'd call a Ted Johnson meeting.
http://www.redmeat.com/redmeat/2001-07-10/index-1.gif

Minicapt said...

First, remember he's a Fed ...

Cheers

Minicapt said...

And to make it all worth wile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Deborah.. You're a real trooper, Paco. Keep that "jet lag" excuse in mind next time. Is it possible that anyone shared in the Paco Plaque? It would be a shame if it did.