Thursday, January 8, 2015

Barbara Boxer announces retirement

One of the more insufferable Democrat mossbacks of the U.S. Senate is handing in her playbook.

Among many illusory talents, she includes a self-professed knack for poetry. Here is a sample from the linked article [note: This blog is not responsible for any brain damage you may suffer as a result of reading this…poem.]

The Senate is the place where I've always made my case
For families for the planet and the human race
More than 20 years in the job I love
Thanks to California and the Lord above
So although I won't be working for my Senate space
And I won't be running that next tough race
As long as there are issues and challenges and strife
I will never retire because that's the meaning of my life.

Boxer, of course, was never considered one of the sharpest tacks in the box. Who will ever forget this famous quote:
Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, 'Thank God, I'm still alive.' But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again.
What a loss, what a loss. Though doubtless California will be able to find a replacement who possesses…how shall I put this?...a replacement who possesses a thought-box of similarly economical dimensions.

Update: Dennis Miller has some choice observations about Barbara Boxer (and others).

4 comments:

Mike said...

Moe Lane had some advise for the California GOP...not that they would listen.

bruce said...

"As long as there are issues and challenges and strife"

If you can keep manufacturing problems forever - job for life!

JeffS said...

Boxer's Senatorial record is due to the fact that she stands on the shoulders of intellectual midgets.

And that poem? I imagine that she wrote it while standing in front of a mirror, asking herself how it sounds.

RebeccaH said...

She won't go until 2016. Plenty of time to train her doppelgänger.