Saturday, May 5, 2018

Car show!

Eric's Diner - home of the best burgers in town - sponsored a car show this weekend, and me and the missus went and wandered around checking out some awesome vehicles. Here are a few photos (click to enlarge).

I'm pretty sure this was not the original factory paint job for this 1939 Chevy Coupe.



Elegance in a small package: the 1935 Hudson Terraplane.



Here's a 1932 Nash.



I don't recall ever seeing one of these before: a 1961 Ford Starliner.





A gorgeous red 1935 Ford Flat Back.



Muscle cars were also represented. Here are, respectively, a 1968 Dodge Super Bee and a 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner.






I've always wanted a 1940s Dodge DeSoto - but, frankly, not this one.



And this is a highly customized God-knows-what.

5 comments:

rinardman said...

I don't remember being aware of the Ford Starliner, either. Apparently, it was the "sports car" version of the Galaxie 500, according to this 1961 Ford lineup info. I think I've mentioned that my parents had a 1961 Galaxie, that ended up being my transportation to & from college. It was the plain-jane Town Sedan, with the awesome "Mileage Maker Six". I think it was doing good to even get 20 mpg.

The Dodge DeSoto is called an "art car", I think. As with most art, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And, a question about the pic of the GMC GodKnowsWhat. Is that a real dog lubricating the front tire, or (as I suspect) a toy dog put there by the owner for laughs?

rinardman said...

Sorry. I guess I screwed up the link.

Try this

Jonah said...

'68-'72 GMC pickup. Chopped and channeled.

Deborah said...

I love the look of cars in the '30s, especially the grilles. My family had a Nash Rambler when I was a kid.

Paco said...

Thanks, R-man, for the background. Yeah, the dog was just a little toy.

And thanks to you Jonah for identifying that custom job.