Saturday, February 23, 2019

Sunday funnies









Wilkins and Wontkins were two early Muppet characters who were used to advertise Wilkins Coffee (and other products, regionally). The marketing approach seems to have been pretty much "drink Wilkins or else". Clearly, some of these gags would be beyond the pale today (more's the pity).





"I've gotta be tree...♪"

"Thank you. Next!"


Nothing like the love that binds family together...







I wonder what days are best for avoiding huge crowds: the National Poo Museum (H/T: David Thompson).


Via Bad Idea T-shirts...

8 comments:

Jonah said...

I loved Aunt Esther. She was the best part of that show.

Jonah said...

She and Redd Foxx had 'chemistry.'

Jonah said...

I like today's Taco Bell ads. Movie trailer things, funny.

As far as radio spots you can't get better than Fry's Electronics.
Rapid fire, tight edits, the dude would rattle off model numbers and prices in tightly edited and up and down modulated sequence, followed by,
"Your best buys...are ALWAYS...'pew,pew,pew' (sound effect) at Frys."

rinardman said...

At the National Poo Museum: It featured an exhibition of twenty kinds of poo, encapsulated and displayed in illuminated resin spheres.

What!? You mean they deprive the hordes of visitors to the poo museum of the defining characteristic of poo, it's delightful redolence?

Well, that's a shitty thing to do.

Paco said...

I think you have to buy the Platinum Pass in order to get the full whiff.

rinardman said...

Oh, I see. Something like a interactive exhibit for the well-heeled connoisseur of stinky sh!t.

Sounds like a Monty Python sketch in the making.

Paco said...

Yes, I envision a special room for Platinum guests - tiled floor, strange-looking porcelain seats, the door cleverly marked "Restroom".

bruce said...

True that, about witnesses. (Who me? No way I'm some crazy old curmudgeon, see how calm I am?).