Saturday, February 22, 2020

Feelin' lucky, punk?

Well, then, go ahead and endorse Mike Bloomberg. If he gets in, I hope your guns are the first ones he confiscates. "Libertarian Clint Eastwood endorses anti-gun-stop-and-frisk-sugar-cop Mike Bloomberg".

Truth to tell, though, as endorsements go, that one seems pretty perfunctory.

Update: Dick Van Dyke has endorsed Bernie Sanders. Frankly, I wrote off Dick Van Dyke decades ago after I saw the movie Mary Poppins; I have never heard a more atrocious attempt at a Cockney accent in my life.

3 comments:

bruce said...

I hear funny opinions from some people my age and older ('OK Boomer') and it seems they just watch a few networks and trust the old newspapers they always trusted and think they're well informed.

I began questioning all this in late 1970s and never stopped questioning. Back then it was the extreme behaviour of the young women I knew which made me doubt the whole narrative, and it went from there.

JeffS said...

Hollywood is pretty much at the bottom of the slippery slope. Returning to the top will require herculean efforts. Which I doubt they are up to.

Gregoryno6 said...

Clint's upset about the President's lack of gentility? He's giving back to the left a mere portion of the lack of gentility they've been serving up for years.
Trump might have to be President for four or five terms before he balanced the gentility deficit.