Friday, May 1, 2020

Assortment

Unlike Francisco Franco, Kim Jong-Un apparently isn't still dead. And who knew he was such a playah: "Kim Jong Un may be holed up with his 2,000-woman ‘Pleasure Squad’".


Republicans can usually be counted on to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but, fortunately, this tendency is somewhat counterbalanced by the Democrats' uncontrollable impulse to overreach: "Thousands Amass in Front of Huntington Beach Pier to Protest Newsom’s Order to Close Orange County Beaches". And let's not forget Gauleiter Whitmer: "Mich. Gov. Whitmer Extends Emergency Declaration Until May 28th".


UK police don't have anything better to do than to track down some wag who's walking around in a medieval doctor's plague suit.
While police admit that the person has committed no crimes, Norfolk Police has said that they want to “provide words of advice” to the walker, according to The Telegraph.
While police admit that the person has committed no crimes... Full stop; he has "committed no crimes". Leave him the hell alone.


Lock 'em all up, let God sort 'em out.


Boy Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has announced a massive gun ban in Canada (Next year's most popular Canadian book? The Complete Guide to Elk Hunting with Sling Shots).


Probably the most interesting, and ominous, nugget in this story is the assertion that Michelle Obama is interested in an Illinois Senate seat: "Bucking Obama, Senator Duckworth breaks ranks with party on Biden rape charges".



(From Powerline's "Mid-Week in Pictures: Week Seven Edition")

7 comments:

Veeshir said...

I've decided watching Tucker Carlson is hazardous to my blood pressure.

I know lots of things that are going on but I really try to stay in my bubble of denial.

I watch his show an hour or two later on youtube. For now. I'm sure youtube will be censoring him soon. He pushes back on what our betters have decreed to be the Truth!!!!!!.

Veeshir said...

I meant to leave a comment about Kim Jong KG but I got sidetracked by listening to Tucker Carlson.

I wouldn't say that he actually appeared. The Norks claimed he did.
Photos shared from Korea Central News Agency show Kim

I'd say his successors are working out who's in charge and who's dead.
So The Death of Stalin except everybody's shorter and Kruschev is a chick.

Paco said...

So The Death of Stalin except everybody's shorter and Kruschev is a chick.

That right there's funny, I don't care who you are.

Yes, Tucker Carlson isn't taking any prisoners these days - good for him. But what he relates does make the blood percolate.

bruce said...

Kruschev is a chick.

- I just got that, had to think about it. Yeah well Norks better hope she's a Kruschev, more likely she'll be the Gorgon empress I think.

RebeccaH said...

I think that guy walking around in the plague suit is funny. It's too bad the British cops think they need to have a "talk" with him, even though walking around in a plague suit isn't a crime. I wonder whatever happened to the dork who was going to sit on Florida beaches in a Grim Reaper costume. Never heard any more about him. Possibly he's sleeping with the fishes?

RebeccaH said...

Whoops, I was wrong. The Grim Reaper just popped up on local news, still patrolling the beaches. He's a Ft. Walton lawyer, by the way, so that sort of explains the attention seeking and self-righteous lecturing (HE thinks it's too soon to open the beaches). When I heard his voice, I immediately thought of Saul Goodman from "Better Call Saul". What made the news clip great though were the people on the beach behind him, all self distanced to the max.

Veeshir said...

bruce, yeah, I almost wrote, "...except Beria is a chick." but I have a feeling she's going to come out on top.