Saturday, June 8, 2024

Hey, I know that guy!

I stumbled across this YouTube video today, a news report on an actor who intervened to help a family who had been hit with a home invasion. 


I didn't recognize his name, but his face was very familiar: Jonathan Tucker is the guy who played Boon on the Justified TV series. The character was one of the series' most interesting villains, to me: a cold-blooded killer, who was definitely "not all there", and who fancied himself to be a throwback to the Old-West-style gunslinger, even doing his dirty work with a Colt Peacemaker (or clone).

Spoiler alert: Here he is in the last season's climactic final shootout with Raylan Givens. 

6 comments:

  1. Related: Damon Herriman (Dewey Crow) was born in South Australia and was a child actor in a popular drama series here c1980:
    https://youtu.be/H8imVGhakTI

    I lived in that street where they did the outdoor housefront shots for the Sullivans show. I was there 1980-84 when it was filming, even had wedding there. Only just figured out, could have passed little Dewey in the street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear the family is all right, but the one lesson no one mentioned is to lock the [redacted] door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And an interesting shoot out ... I haven't watched that series. Guess I need to, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would recommend it, for sure, Jeff. That shoot out isn't really a spoiler, except for the episode it was in. If you watch it, notice what Raylan Given's boss (Nick Searcy) listens to on the car radio when he's on a stakeout. :-)

    I think that shoot out is better than most in the old westerns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen A SkubinnaJune 8, 2024 at 10:48 PM

    Notice that when Raylon comes to and lifts his head, the first thing he reaches for... is not his gun.

    Because Raylon Givens without his hat is just another Marshal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JeffS: I highly recommend the series, one of my all-time favorites. Great writing, direction, casting and acting.

    R-man: I remember what Nick was listening to on the radio!

    ReplyDelete