Sunday, August 18, 2019

Assortment

"The Hillary Clinton Email Saga Just Got A Lot Weirder". Anybody interested in Chinese collusion?

I guess James Comey slept through the felony lecture in law school.

The New York Times apparently is not going to be happy until it establishes itself firmly to the left of the old Pravda (for my money, it's pretty much there).

Joe Biden: not just dumb, but corrupt.

There's a reason they're called "red flag" laws...



Weasel of the Week: Anthony Scaramucci. Man, this guy really loves the camera. More than money, I guess. I mean, if he was such a successful investment banker/hedge-fund manager/whatever, why doesn't he stick to what he knows? What an attention junkie. Update: Roger Kimball has the last word on Scaramucci: "...a slightly preposterous footnote to the spectacle that is the Trump presidency."

Paul Joseph Watson takes us on a tour of modern L.A. (which resembles San Francisco which resembles Oakland, etc.; looks like Gavin Newsome is setting himself up as the Grand Anarch of California).



I think Khrushchev was on to something...





The state of justice, today, in Merrie England: "Drug dealer spared jail after telling judge his baldness had ruined his life".

Can't wait! "Wizard of Oz to Get Woke, Progressive, Live-Action Remake".

7 comments:

RebeccaH said...

So the Clinton Machine really was always the Clinton Mafia. They keep telling us about all these felonies everybody committed, and yet no one is in jail nor likely to be. No wonder we all suspect the Clintons of outright murder.

rinardman said...

Anybody interested in Chinese collusion?

Only if they can connect it to President Trump.

Hilliary Clinton? Not so much.

rinardman said...

"Drug dealer spared jail after telling judge his baldness had ruined his life"

I'm now looking at my bald pate with a new appreciation for what it can be!

bruce said...

We're victims of baldophobia R man.

rinardman said...

bruce, I never knew it could be a 'get-out-of-jail-free card'. I'm not much of a scofflaw, but if I ever take a turn that way, it's nice to know I have my baldness to use as an excuse.

Spiny Norman said...

...for my money, it's pretty much there

The Times has been known as "Pravda on the Hudson" since before there was a World Wide Web.

I like Paul Joseph Watson, but he got some important things wrong about LA's current troubles. The smog was here before the automobile, and is nothing compared to say, Beijing, or New Delhi, or a host of other metropolises in supposedly modern, industrialized countries. Hell, it's nothing compared to what it was in LA 45-50 years ago. There hasn't been a "Stage 5 smog alert" issued since the early 1980s. I once ignored my mom's orders NOT to go swimming in our pool on the afternoon of one of those in 1973 or 1974. The burning in my lungs was intense. I didn't do that again. Catalytic converters and unleaded gas actually worked - that, and the Kaiser Steel plant in Fontana shutting down.

LA's traffic is bad not because the public transit system sucks (it does, and the buses and Metrorail cars are full of filth, mostly homeless who ride it all day long), but because it does not go to most of the suburbs where the middle-class Angelenos live. Just a little story I think even he would appreciate: back in 2006, when illegal alien amnesty protest marches were all the rage, Mexican immigrant activists tried to stage a "strike", ever-so-cleverly calling it "A Day Without a Mexican", thinking all of SoCal would shit down. It didn't work out too well for them. Aside from a lot of local businesses, in immigrant neighborhoods shutting down, the only thing anyone noticed was the complete LACK of traffic jams on LA freeways. Even getting to LAX was not that bad. Aerial traffic reports are a big deal here, but the traffic reporters had literally nothing to report. Drive-time talk radio hosts John & Ken were laughing their asses off on air.

(The point I'm making is something that is unspoken here, but everyone, liberal or conservative, knows full well: there's hundreds of thousands of immigrants, legal and otherwise, driving on Southern California freeways who have no business being behind the wheel, even if "One Bill Gil" Cedillo did get them driver licenses. No impairment, though there's plenty of that, it's just shear incompetence.)

Spiny Norman said...

"Shit down", "shut down", same, same.

I fixed a bunch of typos before I clicked "publish", but I managed to miss that one.