Saturday, August 22, 2020

Ruling class follies

Second City Cop has a justifiably furious post up about Chicago mayor Lori Lightfoot's blatantly hypocritical move to see to it that her own home is protected by a police presence, while she brushes off the fears of the citizenry, who do not have the luxury of surrounding themselves with gendarmes. 

In addition to the main subject, however, SCC uses an honorific to refer (presumably) to Barack Obama that I had never heard before: Sparklefarts. Outstanding.

4 comments:

RebeccaH said...

Sparklefarts! HAHAHAHAHHA!!

Come to think of it, Lori Lightfoot does look like Groot, which makes me sad because I like Groot. In my mind, she resembles the Crypt Keeper of HBO fame. Certainly she's the latest of a long line of ghoulish Chicago pols who have treated their city like a corpse to be sucked dry.

Spiny Norman said...

Sparklefarts...

Yep, that's a keeper.

Anonymous said...

I'm a regular reader of Second City Cop, and it's my impression "Sparklefarts" refers to Rahm Emanuel.

Paco said...

Anon. I think it may have originally, but, in this specific context, I think it's possible it refers to Obama: "Groot is doing for Illinois gun sales what Sparklefarts did for national numbers [emphasis mine]". Obama was hailed as the nation's chief gun salesman by people on the right throughout his administration.

OTOH, you still might be right. Emanuel was Obama's Chief of Staff for a little over a year and a half, and perhaps he was viewed as a prime mover on gun control in the administration (I don't really recall).

In any event, it's a good descriptive word for any leftist the media drool over, any politico who can, in their opinion, do no wrong.