Saturday, December 19, 2020

Sunday funnies

 





What to do with all those plastic pink flamingoes. 


Winter is coming...


She walks in grace and beauty...

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

True stories from the world of medicine

A man comes into the ER and yells . . .'My wife's going to have her baby in the cab.'

I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress and began to take off her underwear.

Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs - - -
and I was in the wrong one.

Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald,
San Francisco


While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked,
'How long have you been bedridden?'

After a look of complete confusion she answered,
' Why, not for about twenty years - when my husband was alive.'

Submitted by Dr. Steven Swanson,
Corvallis, OR


A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of tattoos,
and wearing strange clothing, entered. It was quickly determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery.

When she was completely disrobed on the operating table,
the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been dyed green
and above it there was a Tattoo that read . . .' Keep off the grass.'

Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short note on the patient's dressing, Which said, 'Sorry . . . Had to mow the lawn.'

Submitted by RN no name

Bing Crosby sabotages Fred Astaire and Marjorie Reynolds in this dance number from Holiday Inn (btw, I really dig those low-down, struttin' blues by the trumpet man at 2:31; that's Bob Crosby's orchestra, incidentally).


"‘We Must Follow The Science!’ Screams Actor Who Believes Xenu Dumped Frozen Aliens Into Volcanoes And Exploded Them With Bombs 75,000,000 Years Ago".

An amusing prank gift for the arachnophobe on your list (H/T: David Thompson).

LOL! Tom Cruise's tirade against his film crew for not following COVID-19 procedures to his satisfaction has been mashed up with a scene from the animated classic,  Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.


From Powerline's "The Week in Pictures".


 




5 comments:

kc duffy said...

Holiday Inn is one of my very favorites at Christmastime. Thank you for the reminder, hope I can find it, after I finish grocery shopping!

Paco said...

Yes, it's one of my favorite Christmas movies, too.

Btw, in response to your request for the colonial bread recipe, I wrote the recipe in the comments section of your blog; however, it's for use with a bread machine. I also have a recipe for regular oven, so let me know if you prefer that one.

kc duffy said...

Hey, thanks! I've never used a bread machine, so if you don't mind sending the old fashioned one, I'd really appreciate it.

bruce said...

Thanks for the funnies, made me smile.

Mike_W said...

Those bears really do look like they are hiding behind the shed doing a drug deal.