Friday, March 5, 2021

Too good to check

"Mitch McConnell has compiled a short list of successors in his home state of Kentucky, preparing for the possibility that he does not serve out his full term".

Age, health issues, and - probably the most significant thing - his declining popularity in a strong Trump state may all wind up playing a role in putting this RINO out to pasture before his term is out. Great - maybe. I know nothing about the people on McConnell's "short list of successors", but am automatically skeptical about any politicos he feels are "worthy" to fill his shoes. 

3 comments:

RebeccaH said...

No matter. It's time for the Murder Turtle to go anyway. What we need are some politicians who were born with at least some proximity to the 21st century, not during the first half of the 20th.

Paco said...

Good enough for me.

Deborah said...

I share your skepticism, Paco. It brought to mind Groucho Marx's quip, "I wouldn't be a member of any country club that would have me."

If I were a Kentucky voter, I wouldn't vote for anyone that Mitch approves.