Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Mr. H, RIP

Long-time friend and commenter, RebeccaH - whom I have known since the wild and woolly days of Tim Blair's independent blog and its wide open comment section - reports the sad news that her husband of 54 years, the formidable Mr. H (Harris), passed away this past Saturday from heart failure. Please join me in praying for the repose of his soul, and for the comforting of his family and friends.

I know little about Mr. H, except that he had to be a fine human being to have teamed up with someone like Rebecca. Rebecca, when you check in, please feel free to add any information or stories so that we may better remember him.

9 comments:

Veeshir said...

I'm so sorry RebeccaH.
Pleaase do tell us some stories, he must have been a good man.

JeffS said...

My condolences, Rebecca.

I, too, await any stories.

Gregoryno6 said...

My respects to you and your husband for 54 years of marriage, Rebecca. Sorry for your loss.

rinardman said...

My condolences, also, Rebecca. Prayers for you and your family, for your loss.

George said...

I bow my head MrsH. May God bless you and comfort you.

RebeccaH said...

Thank you for the mentions. There are too many stories to tell, but he was a man with a big laugh, who liked to make other people laugh (he made me laugh for 54 years when I wasn't yelling at him (don't worry, he could also yell back). He served ten years in the Army, and negotiated billion dollar contracts for the Air Force as a civilian until he retired (he's the one that assured me that the $900 hammers the military bought weren't really $900 hammers, they were camouflage for classified materials that couldn't be listed on inventories). He was proudest of his children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I can't imagine what life is going to be like without him.

Deborah said...

RebeccaH, Richard and I send our deepest sympathies. We pray that he rests in peace, and that you, the family, and all who knew him will find comfort in his memory. God bless.

bruce said...

Oh! I just read this. My deepest condolences RebeccaH. I remember we talked once, maybe over a decade ago by email? When he was hospitalised with a pneumonia (or is my memory playing tricks on me?). It was a small brief glimpse of your happy conjugal relationship, so I feel a special sympathy and will be thinking of you both.

bruce said...

Not that you told me any secrets or anything, far from it as you share your life with us here in the comments too.

No I mean I just feel I know you guys, like old friends. RIP