Thursday, January 18, 2024

Hey, Big Mike is sixty!

"Barack Obama Celebrates Michelle’s 60th Birthday with Vacation Pic – Conservative Social Media Users Respond".


I might have told this story before, but this photo brings it to mind again. One day, Granny Paco spied my Aunt Abbie (God rest their dear souls) standing in front of the full-length mirror in my grandparents' bedroom. Abbie had thrown a blanket around her shoulders and put an old hat on her head. As she admired her reflection, under the impression that she was quite alone in the room, she said - in a quiet, but regal, voice -"The queen of all America". 

Abbie was about six, at the time, if I recollect granny's story rightly. I guess some 60-year-old girls entertain the same notion.

4 comments:

  1. Well, I trust it's fine with everybody if I refrain from expressing an opinion? Because at this point I'm not even sure that I have an opinion.

    But then, I don't even have a social media presence, so no compulsion to give a hot take on everything that occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that years or centimetres?
    Those rumours just keep on going around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen: You don't have to say anything. We can read your mind.

    Gregory: Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many miserable returns to Her Resentfulness.

    ReplyDelete