Friday, October 18, 2024

I voted!

Lots of people turning out in Brunswick County for early voting. Mrs. Paco and I got there early-ish and only had to wait about 20 minutes to get in. Then we took a stroll through the gardens outside the agricultural extension office. Nobody was talking politics in line, which was a relief. 

Oh, and they're doing paper ballots, which I much prefer to machines. Machine voting frequently develops...glitches...and the problems almost always favor Democrats, for some absolutely inscrutable reason.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure Kamala/Kamala could explain the machine glitches to you.
    But it would probably require you to first be unburned by what has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently, I wasn't unburdened by my proofreader on that last comment. In my own defense, I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more concerned about getting genuinely "burned" by what comes later.

      Delete
  3. It's not just the machines that can be a problem; sometimes polling sites that have been reliable for Republican turnout are shorted ballots to interfere with the election.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too proud, I bet my grandma voted too.
    She died in the 80s but she lived in NYS so...

    ReplyDelete