Look closely, and you'll see a young fellow whose career subsequently took off in a big way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"There are countless horrible things happening all over the world and horrible people prospering, but we must never allow them to disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to sabotage and annoy them whenever possible." -Auberon Waugh
I must admit that I am stumped by the identify of the young fellow ... ... James Garner?
ReplyDeleteYep!
DeleteHe definitely changed with age!
DeleteI was in grade school when Tarryton ran their "Us Tarryton smokers would rather fight than switch" complete with obvious black eyes. And after criticism for poor grammar, they ran ads asking "What do you want, good grammar or good taste?"
ReplyDeleteAnd even as a grade schooler, I asked "Why does anybody want to fight anybody else over their choice of cigarette" and then "Is good grammar and good taste incompatible? Can you not have both?"
Obviously I never understood advertising. Might be one reason I never took up the habit of smoking.