Tuesday, September 22, 2026

And now, a word from our sponsor

Updated and bumped! 

Yoo-Hoo history.



12 comments:

  1. "Chocolate flavored beverage"? Sounds ... ... not so enticing.

    And that name, I'm sure, catapulted some marketing consultant into fame and fortune.

    (ICYMI, that last is sarcasm.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to the always reliable Wikipedia, the primary ingredients are Water, HFCS, and whey. So it's practically a workout drink!

      Delete
  2. I was never a Yoohoo fan, I preferred actual chocolate milk.
    I've had it probably fewer than 10 times, maybe fewer than 5. It just tastes 'off' to me.
    I'm gonna bet a dollar that Yogi and Mickey drank it once just before being paid to endorse it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my Detective Paco stories, Yoo-Hoo was the favorite drink of that discriminating connoisseur, Wronwright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and by the way, you guys need to support our advertisers, so get you a six pack and choke it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Choke" is exactly right! :D

      Delete
    2. To my moderate surprise, it is still produced. By Dr. Pepper Keurig. Wall, whaddaya know, huh?

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoo-hoo

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I've seen it on the shelf here at the local Walmart.

      Delete
  5. In the sadly underappreciated film The Nice Guys, Yoo-Hoo makes an important appearance early on. It's an amusing movie, worth watching if you haven't yet. Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe as PIs in 70s era LA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the movie recommendation. I'll have to try and catch that one. Speaking of 70s-era L.A., Mrs. Paco and I have been watching the old tv series Emergency!. The ethos, vibes - everything - represent a completely different world than what exists there today (and not just there; every place).

      Delete
  6. Checked out the video, and I am sad to report that I never ever heard of "Yoo-Hoo" chocolate drink until today. Invented nearly a century ago? In New Jersey?!??!!

    I never knew.

    So I am thus edyoumakayted.

    Thank you, Paco.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a vague memory of drinking YooHoo as a kid. So any urge to drink it now is nonexistent.

    ReplyDelete