Great auk
Carolina parakeet
Ivory-billed woodpecker
Moderate Democrat
"There are countless horrible things happening all over the world and horrible people prospering, but we must never allow them to disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to sabotage and annoy them whenever possible." -Auberon Waugh
Great auk
Yep, the moderate democrat is no more, at least as a viable political party. I suspect there are a few surviving specimens out in wild, hunkered down and whimpering in the darkness.
ReplyDeleteAs for "democratic socialist republic" ... ... that's a concept which, at best, boggles the normal mind.
(And I've never seen an oxymoron with three words before.)
At worst, it's the prelude to a gruesome dystopia that makes the 100 Years War look like a frat party.
And I've never seen an oxymoron with three words before.
ReplyDeleteThe only other one I know is "People's Democratic Republic".
Fair point!
DeleteAfter reading the Democratic Socialists of America platform, they could have just said "Utopia" and be done with it.
ReplyDeleteAnd just in case, that was sarcasm so deep that the Mariana Trench would be envious of it's deepness.
Tear down capitalism
Delete?
Utopia!
I mourn for the lovely extinct species.
ReplyDelete